Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Dear Jane Center Blocks are DONE

I just finished the LAST center block for the Dear Jane quilt.
This one is called Nan's Naiad.  It is L-10 and was just a little worse than a nightmare.  I added in in a few extra seams to eliminate set ins and changed up the color just a little bit from the picture in the book.
This one is K-11 and it is called Brandon's Star.  It was nice and simple to put together.  I love the dots.
Here is the finished map.  Although now that I look at the photo, I can see that the outer bottom corners are missing.  I'll have to plug those in before I get back to work on sewing the blocks together.  The plan is to put it away for a bit after the center section is done while I ponder the triangles.  I fear it will forever seem undone if I don't add them in, but I'm just not feeling it right this minute.  The intermittent rain bands continue, so sewing some more seems just right.  

6 comments:

Deb A said...

The good thing about quilt blocks is they will sit patiently waiting until we are in the mood to bring them out to play again.

Terri said...

Love your map... what a good idea.
Hugs

Sara said...

The Dear Jane quilts always amaze me, but since I have a love/hate relationship with really small piecing I'm just have to enjoy looking at everyone else's.

Dasha said...

Looks like a very complex block. Well done for finishing it.

Barb said...

Here is a high five for your completion of the Dear Jane!!!

Kate said...

Congrats on your Dear Jane progress. Those blocks look great!