Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bonus Triangles Quilt

 All of the blocks for this quilt were bonus blocks harvested from the flip and sew triangles of Mom's Sister's Choice quilt.  They have been hanging around for 4 years waiting to make them into a quilt.  With an awkward 1.75 inch unfinished size, they needed to go with one another rather than other blocks.
Today is a lazy Sunday and putting blocks together seemed like an ideal plan.  Lizzie is feeling lazy with me.  I think I'll get these blocks layered together for webbing and then have a little break.  

12 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

I LOVE the picture of Lizzie xx so funny x

Andee said...

They look great! I have bags of hst's that need a home of their own too!

sophie said...

So pretty! Lizzy definitely looks relaxed ... I hope you're relaxing, too.

Marly said...

I'd never have believed that a quilt made of repeating broken dishes blocks could look so good. Great!

Amy said...

Always amazing at what can be made with a lil' extra sewn line before cutting away "scraps"!

Loving the rendition !

Deb A said...

Lizzie cracks me up! So relaxed!

Beautiful quilt from your extra's. It always amazes me what little extra bits of fabric can become.

Dasha said...

Lovely! I tend to chuck those bonus triangles. Mine are always way too tiny for my liking.

Gina said...

Love the pic of Lizzie, so funny. I never keep my cut offs, isn't that terrible. Maybe now I will xx

Wendy said...

that will be a fab quilt! Not sure I could piece with such tiny blocks!

Wendy said...

that will be a fab quilt! Not sure I could piece with such tiny blocks!

Ellen said...

Your quilt really is coming together so well. I hope you had a relaxing day too!

Kate said...

Great way to use up those bonus triangles.