Monday, June 17, 2013

So Sad

I have been loving my new Nike+ app.  It has a nice reassuring voice that tells me I did a good job for running three times this week or that I have just logged my fastest mile ever.  I was nervous about taking my phone out without a shock resistant case, but I had one in my shopping cart at Amazon and vowed to just be careful with it until then.  Somebody should have told the dog to be careful.  During our morning walk, she took off after a rabbit so quickly that she broke the leash!  In doing so she knocked my phone out of my hand and sent it skidding across the concrete.  So sad:-(.  Lucky for me, we have had this phone for long enough that we are eligible for a new one and I can get the next version up for only $50.  Bad dog!

11 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Scary!!! We bought the insurance on mine because I am prone to drop things :*) So glad you will be able to replace it!!! I wouldn't want to have to handle things without mine anymore.

Quilter Kathy said...

Hmm... me thinks that you and Lizzie might be in cahoots about getting a new phone!?!

Brenda said...

I feel your pain. I took my Ipod out on a walk to use the pedometer, and dropped it on the pavement and cracked the lens. ouch!

Amanda said...

I haven't heard about any of these apps, I like the sound of the pedometer one. What a shame about your phone though, but I don't imagine you'll be without one for long.

Ellen said...

Those darn rabbits! They drive my dogs crazy. My dogs are on a long leash in the backyard because they can get under the fence. There is a rabbit that comes to visit and it sits just outside their reach - poor dogs try frantically to get at it!!

Nice that you get a new phone though!

Deb A said...

So nice she waited long enough that you can get a new phone!

Angie said...

Glad it was the phone & not you with something broken!

Amy said...

Lizzie simply knew it was time for you to upgrade! :)
I'm so glad this is ending happily; I'm sure you've seen your share of demolished screens from your students; it's amazing the beating some of them take.

Deanna W said...

I cracked my ipod and just covered it with a plastic film product and it works still. My daughter drove over her phone....long story!! But for $150 she was able to upgrade and get a new phone.These companies know how to keep you coming back.P.S. daughter also bought insurance!!
Glad it all worked out!

Margaret said...

A cautionary tale! Why have your phone with you when you walk the dog? You could use that time to get inside your head and dream up great quilting ideas. Or take an iPod instead and listen to music or an educational or inspirational podcast. Sometimes a land line is a Good Thing. :-)

Kate said...

The sad thing about new technology is that it often can't take what life dishes out. Hope you've been able to get it replaced. They replaced our Blackberries with Iphones at work. The first night I went to Walmart and bought the "military" proof cover!