Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Postage Stamps

It took just one evening to sew all my 1.5 inch pink strips into postage stamp blocks.  I had been planning on rainbow postage stamps for a while now, but didn't know quite how I was going to set them together until I saw this post on Design Wall Monday.  There wasn't a pattern name or diagram of any sort, but from the picture it looks like 12 x 12 postage stamp blocks in the center surrounded by a white strip and then another border of postage stamp blocks.  Bonnie Hunter also showed a postage stamp quilt recently with the same sized blocks.  I have almost enough for 4 blocks already, I think there are enough little bits still left to finish off the last little quarter block and possibly even to make the outer borders.  If not, I'll just keep trimming up more scraps.  There are more pink Rainbow Jane blocks to make, and as soon as they are done I will liberate the scraps to add to my collection.  Check back on Saturday to see the finished block -- I think it will be awesome!

9 comments:

Ellen said...

Ooohh...thanks for the link to that postage stamp quilt. I think I have to add it to my list - it looks fantastic. I can't wait to see yours as it progresses.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my yes! Love those sparkly blocks!

Lynne said...

Wow, that white border makes such a difference to those blocks, doesn't it? What a neat idea!

Sheila said...

Oh my. I love your wonderful 1 1/2" square postage stamp blocks! Such tiny little squares and shades of pink.

Katie Z. said...

So pretty! I love the little squares.

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Oh so tony....good for you!!!!!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

WOW, just WOW.

Mary @ Sea Quilts said...

Loving the colors and admiring your patience with the little squares. Excellent!
Mary

Britt said...

You can find a tutorial for this quilt at wedding dress blue http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.com/category/tutorials/page/3