Friday, August 3, 2012

Olympic Binding Marathon #3 of 8

 This one took a while to finish.  It is harder to sew into the wee hours knowing I need to get up and go to school in the morning.  I think it was during men's gymnastics that I took the last stitches.  The bow tie blocks were part of a leader and ender quilt-along that Bonnie Hunter suggested at the beginning of the year.  I did mine with 2.5 inch blocks rather than 2 inches, so it didn't take quite so many to make a quilt.  By the time I was ready to set them together I went back to find some more of the cheddar fabric, but had NO luck.  It sat for ages waiting for inspiration to strike before I finally started cutting lots of triangles in lots of colors to finish it off. 
The quilting came as part of a wild and crazy weekend of nonstop sewing.  It is another freehand fan pattern, this one done with variegated gold thread.  I don't usually like the way the thread changes color, but I think it blends nicely on this quilt.  Schoolwork is starting to take up lots of time, it will eventually settle into a nice routine, but right now I spend hours in meetings making "to-do" lists, hoping to get out so that I can do some of the things on the list. 

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Fab finish! I just love this quilt!

Andee said...

It looks great...like you planned it all along! Gotta love gymnastics at the Olympics!

LuAnn said...

Oh my! Those are bow ties. Wow. Love the colors and the way you've arranged them.

Kate said...

Love how the colors seem to swirl around the chedder middles. Congats on the finish!