Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hawaiian Geese

I'm not starting a new quilt yet.  I am definitely going to finish off a few things first before I "officially" start something new.  This isn't a start you see, it is just trying out a pattern.  The geese are supposed to be 1.75 by 3 inches.  That seemed kind of fiddly to do with the sew and flip method, so I decided to try drafting a paper piecing pattern.  I drew it out on graph paper last night and made a few copies today at school.  I don't have any official fabric picked out, since I haven't actually started yet, but I did dig through the scrap user drawers to find some things that might work.  Tonight I might dig through the drawer of 2 inch squares and find some that will work for the nine patches in the middle.  They will only be leaders and enders of course, so that doesn't count as starting a new quilt quite yet. 

10 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Oh I like that one. They are only leader and enders so that isn't the start to a new project!!! I am going to use that one. HEHEHE Like I really need to start another project, I really need to finish some, seriously. But, but, but I just got two of Bonnies books for my birthday, and there are 7 quilts calling my name. Only 7, and I can do leaders and enders and I wouldn't be starting a new project, because you said so. Yes you did! LOL!

Judy D in WA said...

You crack me up!!! They do look quite nice though......all those orphan flying geese.

Still resisting! ;o)

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh boy! You sure are tempting me to start thinking about this quilt :*) Those geese are just too cute, and they are calling out for more friends to fly with them!

Sheila said...

Love those flying geese!
I hope to see Bonnie Hunter do a trunk show in December. I'm looking forward that!

Quilter Kathy said...

What great blocks you made for the quilt that you aren't starting! *snort* You are so funny!

Lynne said...

I had to chuckle as you tried to convince us, and yourself, that you are not starting a new quilt yet!

Amanda said...

I love the colours you've chosen already, they'd look great for your quilt - whenever you decided to actually make it.

Rosa said...

Love your stunning geese and what are you going to do with these beautiful blocks?

Amy said...

LOL!!! HA! LOVE IT! And I'm soooooo happy you've decided NOT to start another project :)

I certainly hope to get some sewing in this weekend myself :) These are on my to-do list.

Andee said...

Care to share that paper piecing pattern, lol. I hate that they aren't perfect no matter how hard I try! Yours look great!