Monday, July 25, 2011

Design Wall Monday July 25, 2011

I was so excited to be back in my own home again that I decided to pull out ALL my midgets so far and put them up to see how they look together.  I started at the bottom right in chronological order, and as you can see, I ended with lots and lots of applique.  Those blocks haven't been trimmed to size yet, so they look a bit a bigger, though the sizes are anything but consistent.  I'm thinking of an alternating up and down sort of angle, much like the one on this quilt.  I am leaning toward stitching the names of the blocks below as they were in the original quilt, though I think I'll do it by machine. 
Above those are the baskets that I took along to stitch when the midgets were done along with 4 cheddar bowties that I am thinking of for a new leaders and enders project.  Bonnie has put out a challenge, and there is nothing more fun than a quilt-along.  That means of course that I should finish off an old leaders and enders to make room, so I worked on the nine patches yesterday.  I also got all the half square triangles done for the red white and blue quilt that is my Rainbow Scrap Challenge project for July. 
To see what everyone else is up to, go over to Judy's blog at Patchwork Times

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow -- your minis are cute. And, I followed the link and they look terrific in the quilt already done. B.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Love your little midgets! So tiny!

Kathie said...

oh my gosh they look tiny

Gail said...

Your 'midgets' look terrific, and I love the cheddar bow tie you have done, I'm debating doing that, but have so many UFO projects that I need to finish.....

Vicki H. said...

Looks wonderful together! I can't wait to see how you finish the layout, I am going to get my little blocks out next month and finish my civil war diary quilt. I had to take a break from the tiny pieces.

Ellen said...

They look so cute up on the design wall. I can't wait to see how you decide to put them together!

Gari in AL said...

Beautiful blocks. I can't imagine working on something so small. I just recently realized that the reason I gravitate to 12" blocks is because they are so big and I don't have to make so many to get a top done. ;-)

Quilter Kathy said...

I feel energized just by looking at your design wall....so many fun things going on there!

Angie in SoCal said...

Your midgets are so pretty - they look great together. Thanks for the heads up on Bonnie's Challenge.

marcella said...

All your blocks are great! Love those cheddar bow ties - I tell you, bow tie blocks have been taunting me lately.

Deb A said...

Love all the blocks! You are doing great on the midgets. I like your idea of putting the names below each one...and agree that would be a great use of the machine. Love the bow ties... if I wasn't packing everything up for a couple of months I'd be doing that too! Maybe I'll join in in Oct when I am into the new sewing room.

LuAnn said...

You have a lot of great things there on that design wall. I love the baskets. I have started just a few of those bow tie blocks from Bonnie's challenge. They are pretty addictive.

Andee said...

WOWZA on those tiny blocks...you and Amy! I will just admire both of yours from a distance! And yes, join in the cheddary challenge!!!