Thursday, August 12, 2010

Crunch all you Want


Remember the old Doritos commercial, "Crunch all you want, we'll make more." I'm starting to feel like that about my little Midget Blocks. I was trying to explain my new addiction to a non quilty friend who reads my blog and she wanted to know if I was making little blocks because they were easier than big blocks.

Well, no, they aren't easier, and it takes a lot more of them to make a quilt. So what is it about these tiny little blocks that makes them so much fun? (Nobody was home to help out, so I had to take my own picture)
Is it all the tiny little pieces that fit together like a tiny little puzzle?
Is it figuring out a new trick to make them turn out well, like finger pressing these tiny squares to find the center to line up the triangles?
I'm not sure why I like them, but I do, so here is block 11, which is called Signal. It is traditionally pieced and is missing the sharp perfection that I am beginning to enjoy in paper pieced blocks. I does measure out to 5 inches though, even though I had to get a little aggressive with the steam to make sure it would fit.
I found a German blogger yesterday who was working on the blocks and posted 50 of them, but she stopped in January of last year. It was fun though, to see her working on the same blocks.

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great block! Love the colors in this one! :)