Sunday, April 19, 2009

Welcome


The pineapple quilt was destined for the front foyer, therefore it has evolved into the welcome quilt. It says welcome in English, Hawaiian, Irish, Japanese, French and Kiribati. I think it still needs a skinny bias strip and maybe the English welcome needs to be bigger. I haven't fastened anything down yet. It started as applique, but I decided to cheat and use fusible. I used my scrapbooking sizzix to cut out the letters. I have gotten more use out that thing than you can imagine. I even used it to cut fruit roll ups to decorate a birthday cake one year. I really hate fusible, but I spent an hour preparing the first flower and decided I needed to finish more than I needed to create delicate needle turn. This is supposed to be my April project after all. I'm still pondering the scalloped border. I'll get that figured out before I start ironing. Speaking of ironing, mine burned out last night. I guess I do more ironing than an average person, but it wasn't all that old. A leg fell off the barbeque grill today and the chlorine generator for the pool just got replaced. Groups of three right? I should be in the clear now.

6 comments:

Deb Geyer said...

Be-e-e-eautiful!!!

Aunt Spicy said...

Oh that is going to be such a beautiful quilt! So sizzix can be used for more than papper? i may have to look into it!

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Wow those blocks are stunning. Nice job!

Gayle Bong said...

Beautiful, I am really enjoying your sense of color.

Amanda said...

That's going to look terrific when it's finished. I've often thought about getting a sizzix for my paper crafting, but what a good idea to use it for your applique letters - perhaps I shall have to think even more about getting one!

Millie said...

What a great way to welcome visitors to your house! Wonderful quilt.