Sunday, April 26, 2009

Theme Park Day


Today we went to Orlando to use our annual passes for Universal Studios. We showed up right at opening and walked on to every ride with no wait. We did every ride the kids wanted to do, most of them twice, and were done before it started to get crowded around lunch time. It was an absolutely perfect day. We grabbed lunch on the way home and then had lovely afternoon naps all around. I'm sure we'll go back at some point to do the other park, the nice thing about passes is that there is no pressure to get it all in.

After my little snooze, I got the scallops marked on my welcome quilt and cut out the bias strips. Tonight is pizza night, so we are watching Ironman and hanging out as a family. I need to grade some tests before tomorrow so I'm not sure how much further I'll get tonight. I'm hoping for a calm week at work so I can continue to putter along. I think I've managed to put my work worries away, at least mentally. I think it has all been taken out of my hands and I can get back to life as usual.

Oh -- I just saw that Cornfield Quilter is having a giveaway for her 200th post. Go over and say "HI"

4 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like a great day! I haven't been to Universal, only to Magic Kingdom and Epcot and that was probably 15 years ago!

Enjoy your family night!

Julie said...

Looks like a fun day. We love Universal, it would be great to live close enough to have annual passes!!

Amanda said...

How wonderful to have passes like that, and perfect while your children are young. We visited Disneyland Paris when our boys were about 11 and 13 and they had a wonderful time. Best wishes for a better week at school.

Micki said...

I have been to Disney World in Fla and loved it. Sounds like a great day!
Micki