Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break!


It is Sunday and I am looking forward to a week off. The kids had their OM competition yesterday and I took the girls ice skating this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow we'll hit the zoo or the beach. It is nice to have some free time to look forward to.
I was up until the wee hours on Friday morning working on my pineapple blocks. I sat the laptop up next to the sewing machine and used Hulu to catch up on the last season of ER. I used to watch it regularly, but lost track over time, so it was fun to watch all of the episodes leading up to the finale. The paper piecing on the new quilt is going slowly compared to the sewing I am used to, but the results are worth it I hope. I ran out of the Fundation paper I had been using and had to run out to Joann's for more on Sunday. They didn't have anymore, so I bought some pattern paper from the interfacing aisle. It seems a little flimsier than the stuff I was using, but I guess it is working well enough and it is much cheaper than the ready to go kind.
I've been making a mental list of spring break projects. I'm not sure how far I'll get, but I'd like to do some general painting, cleaning and organizing. I worked on the garage today so I could get my car back in. We had planned to have a garage sale last weekend, but got rained out. I've stashed everything in the corner so we can try again next weekend. After that it's off to Goodwill with all of it so we can put both cars in again.

3 comments:

Cornfield Quilter said...

I love your new quilt, it is so springlike. Have fun on your spring break, so much to do and so little time. They alway used to fly by. :D

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

Those blocks are very cheery. I know they will be worth it!

LuAnn said...

I can't stop looking at those pineapple blocks. Wow! They are just striking. I tried a pineapple once with a pineapple ruler that is long gone. Maybe I'll go down to JoAnns today to check out the paper you used. Anyway, they are wonderful. Enjoy your spring break!!!