Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break Fun


The kids decided to make dinner last night. The theme was foods that start with the letter "P": pizza, pineapple, peperoni, peanut butter, Parmesan cheese, pink lemonade, popcorn and pound cake. For tonight they have planned an "M" meal: meatballs, mozzarella sticks with marinara, mushrooms, marshmallows and mini muffins.


We had a garage sale today. Mostly it was an excuse to clean out the garage so that I could paint the floor. I've been on a purging and organizing spree. Spring cleaning I suppose. Kurt was out of town for a couple of days so I stayed up until the wee hours ironing and cutting fabric into little bits and pieces. I'm going to have trouble shifting back to a regular schedule when school starts again on Monday, but I am enjoying my time at home.

2 comments:

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

Dinner by letter sounds like fun. Garage Sale, nope.

Amy said...

hey stranger----so, you looking forward to Summer break?? (gosh---is it too early to start thinking about that?)

No week off here, but I'm hoping to make the most of yesterday and Monday off.

I LOVE the meal idea! I'll have to borrow that one. It kinda reminds me of when you attempted to drink the alphabet during your vacation last year.

Enjoy the rest of your break!