Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quilted




I'm sure you are all getting good and tired of seeing this quilt by now. But, as one of my running partners says, I'm terribly chuffed with myself. I've just finished the quilting on the Welcome quilt -- simple diagonal grid in the center and wavy lines flowing around the letters outside. My machine was acting up a bit and skipping stitches. She's due for her well baby exam soon, I'm sure that will fix it. Next on the agenda (deep breath) is attempting a scalloped border. I'm terrified of messing it all up, but I have scallops in my head and want to give it a shot. I think I'll save it until tomorrow, because the first step is to cut bias strips, and that might require some planning and organization. I saw the quilt in a day lady do a thing with freezer paper cut to the right size and then folded again and again to make a template. I think I'll try that to get the spacing just right. Then she marked it with a sharpie marker, and I'm not brave enough to try that.
Ooops, I forgot to mention that Amanda is having a giveaway for her 200th post. Go over and check it out. Leave her a comment and tell her I said "Hi".

5 comments:

Deb Geyer said...

I never tire of looking at your Welcome quilt!!

Selvage Quilter said...

I think scallops will be gorgeous on this quilt! Kinda scary, though. Can you try it out first on a scrap sample?
Karen

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

I love it. I am glad you kept us informed every step of the way. I can not believe it is done! Great Job
Tamara

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow - this is a gorgeous quilt! It is amazing.

Amy said...

This quilt is SO BRIGHT and FUN! I don't tire of looking at it :0)
The quilting looks awesome!!!
As far as the scallop borders go; you're on your own there. I haven't done anything like that myself.