Friday, September 19, 2008

Good Day at School


We were working on scale drawings for Forensic Science today. I gathered up all of the kids doll house furniture and took it to school. The girls were a little concerned about their toys, but I had them back before they were off the school bus at the end of the day. The students all put a lot of thought into setting up their little scenarios, and then spent the rest of the period carefully measuring everything and doing the calculations to make a smaller drawing. Each member of the group had to choose a different scale, so the calculators were working away. Some of the scenes were a little morbid, and I tried not to do too much editing, but I did have to ask a couple of groups if they thought their scene was classroom appropriate.
I am so glad that it is Friday, it was a short week for us, but it still seemed long. We have a couple of birthday parties this weekend and ice skating lessons. I'll do a long run on Sunday. I think that's all that is on the list, so maybe my sewing machine will get a little bit of a workout. Everything is still in the dining room from Monday's Girl Scout meeting, so I should be all ready to sew. Kurt is taking his team out after work for some beers. They've all been working hard to meet some proposal deadlines. I've promised the kids that I will take them out to Subway for dinner if they can help me get the house cleaned up first. We'll see how it goes, but right now it's almost 6 and eating at home is looking fairly likely.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hooray for the weekend!!!
The forensic science class sounds really interesting.

LuAnn said...

Looks like you are a great teacher. The kids really love the "visuals" and hands on type projects. And, your quilts are great! You are sure busy with teaching, family and quilting, and looks like you do a great job of balancing it all. Thanks for visiting my blog.