Sunday, September 28, 2008

Family Outing

Today was the free day at Kennedy Space Center for local residents. We usually try to go every year. Even though we normally would have skipped the bus tour, there are two space shuttles out on the launching pads now, which doesn't happen very often. I tried to get a picture of both shuttles at the same time, but the angle on my camera just wasn't quite wide enough. It usually gets pretty crowded in the afternoon and the lines get kind of long. This year was really crowded right from the start. Kurt couldn't figure it out, but to me it seemed pretty simple, the economy is bad and people are feeling poor, so anything free is appealing. The parking lot seemed pretty full as we headed out, I hope they find room to put everybody.
I put the binding and hanging sleeve on the Sirenia quilt last night, so I took that along for the car ride and got almost all of the binding sewn down. I'll take that to school tomorrow to join the others in the marine science series. I ran out when we got home and dug up an area of grass so that we can have a tree planting ceremony during Girl Scouts tomorrow night. It is the second half of our eco-action badge and we are honoring Wangari Maathai of Kenya who won a Nobel peace prize for her efforts in the Green Belt movement. We are also making recycled paper, so will be a nice messy night.

1 comment:

Julie said...

You don't look old enough to be the mother of those kids!