Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Visiting With Mom

Mom arrived from Georgia this evening. She had hardly walked in the door when Sydney looked at me sternly and said, "You can leave already, Mom!" She thought that because Noanie was here to stay that Mom and Dad must be leaving. I always think that we explain things to the kids, but they seem to see things from their own unique perspective. She thinks if a grandparent is coming to stay, that must mean the parents are leaving. We didn't want to disappoint Sydney, so Kurt and I headed out for a nice quiet dinner at Carrabbas. I had the Pollo Rosa Maria, which was lovely, and they were even having a special for $10 off a bottle of wine on Wednesdays.
We got back in plenty of time to sit and chat with Mom and get caught up on all the family going ons. We were all sitting calmly in the family room when Sydney came wandering out of her room. I thought for a minute that she was going to ask for a glass of water or to use the bathroom, but then she walked into a wall and we all realized that she was still asleep. I picked her up and carried her back to bed, but I don't think she ever noticed.

No comments: