Thursday, July 3, 2008

Before and After Part 2 -- The Dining Room

My craft table The dining room table before
The dining room table after.


The house is in pretty good shape, but I've come up with a list of home improvement projects now that should keep me busy for a while. We've been in the house for about 4 years now, so some of the things that we did when we first moved in are getting a redo.

  1. make a curtain to replace Sydney's broken closet door

  2. repaint the master bathroom to match to the new tile work

  3. replace fixtures in master bathroom to match the new tile

  4. paint and organize the study closet where we keep the computer stuff


And some of the things on the to do list when we moved in, never got accomplished.

  1. finish the cushions for the toy room shelves

  2. hem the drapes in the dining room and formal living room

  3. figure out a better way to store the pots and pans in the under the stove
  4. cabinet


And some things just need to be done again and again.
  1. clean the fridge

  2. have the carpets cleaned

  3. scrub the grout and tile in the front of the house

  4. clean and touch up the baseboards


OK, now I'm tired just from looking at the list. I wonder if I can get all that done before my in-laws show up at the end of the month?

2 comments:

Donna said...

your in laws are coming to see you and the family -- not the house. No stress. DO what you can, but let the rest go :-)

Amy said...

Oh dear! I was tired before coming to your blog tonight. Now, after reading those to-do lists, I'm offically WIPED OUT! BTW, the craft table reverted back to dining room table......ummmmm.....how long will that last??? :0)

BUT---I know you probably feel SO GOOD walking into that room now---all tidy and clean. It's almost refreshing and enlightening!

Enjoy your holiday!