Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Finish and a Start

I was up until 2 last night finishing the Carolina Crossroads Quilt. I should have called it good enough and about 11, but it was too quiet and peaceful to go to bed. Something about the calm and quiet in the middle of the night is irresistible. So I finished the quilting and started in on the binding. Why does binding seem to take so long? I sewed for an entire movie and finished less than a third.
I've been letting the Girl Scout quilt project mull, and decided to whip up a prototype. I'm going to send it with my running partner to give to her grandmother for a test drive. The request was for pink and green. I had some pink four patches in my leaders and enders block and used the companion angle ruler to add the little side triangles and set them on point. I had some pink and green floral in my stash, so I alternated equal sized stripes. I didn't have anything for a border, but I think a little pink around the outside should finish it off nicely.

3 comments:

Candace said...

I hope you got to sleep in today. I would love to see a picture of your CC.

Amanda said...

You're mad!! I'm only jealous - I can't even stay up that late, let alone work that late. I usually manage a little embroidery/cross stitch/hand quilting in the evening when I'm watching television, but by about 9.30 I've had it. But I am an early riser.

Amy said...

Cute-perfect-simple-love it!
I love Greens and Pinks (and Browns) together---they really are very "grandma-y" feeling!
I think you're a bit loopy staying up that late---don't let that sneek up on you!
-Amy